Sunday, January 03, 2010

7:12 PM

Entering Into Year 2010


I thank God for today's message/sermon during the service just now in the morning by Pst Tan. He really preached an awesome message about this new Year 2010. Out of the 3 important points that he shared, 1 of which he talks about forgetting the things of the past, and he shared this verse which hits me really damn hard, in Isaiah 43:18, in NIV version, it says "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.", and he also shared another verse along that line, in Philippians 3:13-14, in NLT version, it says "No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.". Well... for a moment, I paused, and really ask myself this question, i.e., whether am I willing to TOTALLY forget all the past bad moments and memories that I have, and really looking forward to what lies ahead in Year 2010 that God has instilled for me?

Well... Sometimes I wonder whether the race of life for me is as fast as this F1 car above in the photo?? (Photo taken during last year 2009's F1 night race)


And before I close off this blog entry and going for a bath before I book in to my camp, times when I am really feeling very down or faithless, sometimes I don't know whether I really live my life upon this verse above.... God I pray, that this year, let me once again really (3x) believe 100% totally, that through You, all things are possible to those who believe in Christ Jesus. Amen. (Photo taken during Year 2008 Christmas season outside Tangs Plaza)

Labels: , ,

Victor Lim