Saturday, December 12, 2009

10:38 PM

9 weeks of BMT


Yo everyone! Quite some time since my last update, also cos i am lazy, but this time really must update cos it concerns BMT man...

These 9 weeks I can say that it was indeed a defining moment for all of us, I believe especially in platoon 4 aka the best platoon of Gryphon Coy 04/09!

Time to share my thoughts man!

First of all, I really feel that 9 weeks is pretty fast for us. It's like we only enlisted yesterday that kind of feeling. Through thick and thin, sufferings and enjoyment together as a coy, as a platoon or even as a section. I really wanna thank especially to those in my section one, how they encouraged and supported me especially in pull up, and in the areas that I am weak in. If I really wanna put my thanking speech, it can be long here.

I am so thankful to have a awesome platoon with great PC (after 2LT Wu Feng came in), and PS + SCs, and it so happened that my PS is also my SC as well. I really believe that they gave us a lot of welfare as compared to other platoons and we don't really have much problems among our platoon as compared to the rest, which is very good.

In BMT, I really experience things that I have not get it before, such as rain everyday in outfield be in field camp or SIT Test, and during the 2nd night my 2 buddies in the same bashaar tent as me kena commando mosquito bites with me being hit the most i.e. neck (just below my Adam's Apple), and I really literally struggled and cried until my buddies saw me and bring me to the training shed to look for the sergeants for help.

All in all, don't wanna be long-winded so much, really wanna thank for the great buddies that I make with, and really believing for greater destiny ahead for all of us in future after BMT, be it OCS, SISPEC or other vocations/units, and I shall keep in touch with them, especially those in my section ones. Okay... Time for photos liao....

Gryphon Coy marching in...

Largest batch of recruits in BMTC - Gryphon Coy 04/09

Marching past GOH, Mr Liang Eng Hwa.

With my parents.

With my with our PS cum SC cum Contingent Sergeant Major.

With my coy 2IC.

Platoon 4 Section 4, with our PS cum SC cum Contingent Sergeant Major.

Platoon 4 Section 4, with our PC.

Another photo of Platoon 4 Section 4, with our PC.

Platoon 4 Section 4, with our coy CSM.

Platoon 4 photo.

Really wanna give thanks to God for what He has placed me in BMT, and going through these 9 memorable weeks in Tekong with all my awesome platoon mates. With that, I end my BMT story/life here, but the friendships that I have made will not end, and will cherish it! =)

Labels:

Victor Lim